Monday, March 7, 2011

The Week from H*LL

So last week Nick was STILLLL in California for work and things were going badly here. While he was gone for two weeks, we had two major snowstorms (bigger than any others this year, worthy of the snowblower), one big flood, I broke my cellphone and we have no landline, I had a fever for 3 days, was sick for over 1 week (still fighting it), my period came with a vengence, AND I semi-sorta crashed my mom's van into the garage door.

But let's talk about the sickness. I didn't want to post about this, because I'm a GIANT HUGE MAJOR BIG believer in jinxes. However, it is too amazing to go undocumented.

BREASTMILK IS MORE POWERFULL AND MIRACULOUS THAN I EVER IMAGINED.

Yes, I've always read it is great for this and that and this and that and this and that, but until you literally feel like you are lying on your deathbed (my throat hurt for 6 days so bad I couldn't swallow) and you are still cuddling 24/7 with your child, AND YOUR CHILD DOESN'T GET YOUR ILLNESS (???!!!!!!), then you aren't really a believer.

Well, now I'm a believer!

And my dad thought Blaine would surely get sick because breastmilk is a bodily fluid (wow, men!!).

Now, if I could only get my health back to 100%, because I have only run 3 miles in the last week. I'm still only at about 60% today. :(

16 comments:

Kate (This Place is Now a Home) said...

#1, you are amazing for running ANY miles in the midst of all those other things.

#2, Blaine is amazing (and your breastmilk is amazing!) for keeping him well.

:)

Kara said...

I hate when my husband is out of town, everything goes wrong then!

I really thought for a second that you were going to say that drinking breastmilk made your throat feel better, so I'm pretty glad you haven't gotten to that level yet :)

Claire {Beaktweets} said...

wow! what a doozy of a week. you are super mama. hope you get back to 100% soon. thinking of you!

Claire {Beaktweets} said...

ps. i thought the same thing as kara. i totally thought you used it as medicine :)

Shannon said...

Oh my heart goes out to you! My husband was away for 10 days and I was overwhelmed...but I wasn't sick! I hope you are feeling better. So great that Blaine didn't get sick. Yeah for breast feeding! Noah James hasn't been sick yet either....knock on wood'

Kate said...

Ugh... I'm sorry you feel like crap. I was like Kara - I figured for sure you'd tried it for yourself!

Waggin' Tails Pet Ranch said...

Here's to a better week and everyone staying well! Ugh- sorry for the hellish week. I would be LOST without my phone!

Jill said...

Yuck, yuck, yuck. Feel better soon!

Kristin {Sea Cow Circus} said...

Ugh - hang in there! Hope you're back to 100% ASAP. And I agree about the power of breastmilk - I was hit with a nasty cold a few weeks after Elle was born, and she barely sniffled. It. Was. Awesome. :)

Kara said...

To answer your question on my blog (since this a better way to get back to you than responding to my comment section), no my husband is still 6'3 after the ejection. And yes, that is very tall for a jet pilot.

He also heard about some guys losing height, but he's still freakishly tall :P

Angela Power said...

Oh dear that sounds like a ROUGH week! Breast milk truly is the closest thing to liquid gold!

Elizabeth said...

Ok- hi again. The "Waggin Tails Pet Ranch" comment was from me. I didn't realize I was logged into my work account. I think I jinxed myself by saying I'd be lost without my phone- I dropped mine in the sink (full of water) last night- AAAA! So now I'm using my husband's crappy old phone- AAAA again!

Diana @ frontyardfoodie said...

Oh my goodness get some rest and get better! I'm so sorry you had a crazy time of sickness and being without your hubs!

Kalie said...

So sorry to hear you've been really sick. I hate sore throats especially! Sounds like a really rough week. Feel better soon.

Morgan said...

It's amazing isn't it? Breastfeeding rocks! I was sick and Aaron didn't get it amazingly. He ended up picking something up from another kiddo, but at least I didn't feel guilty!!

Not George said...

Wait - I'm confused! I thought breast milk was a bodily fluid too! It's not?