Monday, March 28, 2011

Jamaica Mon

The high school I went to / teach at recently started up a steel drum band. Well it happens I have a little steel drum to start training Blaine on so he'll be ready to join in 2024. ;) Plus the college I graduated from has the 3rd oldest steel drum band in the country. So no pressure on the kid or anything.....

P.S. Steel drums were actually invented in Trinidad if you were wondering! They were invented in the mid-1900's, making the instrument one of the newest if not THE newest instrument out there!

6 comments:

Claire {Beaktweets} said...

he is such a cutie! gotta get a video of his musical skills :)

Jill said...

Who doesn't love steel drum bands?!

Kate said...

Oh man - this will be so cute!! Can't wait to see a video of him playing...

Kara said...

My baby would LOVE a steel drum. She's already getting to be pretty good with a spoon and her highchair :)

Kate (This Place is Now a Home) said...

Just caught up on all of your posts -- GO BLAINE FOR WALKING!!! What a super advanced little guy!!!

I bet playing those little steel drums is so darn cute.

Kalie said...

I didn't know JHS had a steel drum band. I was getting a little sick of them by the end of my time at the UA but they are very cool. These pictures are so adorable! He is such a charmer.