Monday, November 29, 2010

DIY: Baby Legwarmers

If you haven't noticed by my pictures, Blaine practically lives in baby legwarmers. Drives my dad crazy (he thinks they are girly) but based on internet reading, I can tell they are the "in thing" right now with girls AND boys! I'm not one that normally follows the crowd when it comes to fashion, but THANK GOODNESS I found out about these things! With the ammount of time spent taking diapers off and on and going potty etc, baby legwarmers are totally THE BEST! The first batch I bought I got from babylegs.com and I got a bundle pack (cheaper), but they were still $5 each! WAAAY too much for me and my frugal ways. The next batch I bought were off ebay and were $3 each. Getting better. I kept seeing online tutorials to "make your own" but my sewing skills are limited. I can thread the machine, make a bobbin, and sew a pillowcase but that is about it.

Well I saw knee high socks at Goodwill and figured, HECK I CAN DO THIS! And I did, and they look nice! I'm pretty proud of myself! I still have two more pairs to finish!

4 comments:

Abby said...

That is pretty awesome! I can't sew for the life of me. :( How handy to have those - I'll have to give them a try not that the Tucson weather is actually getting cool!

Lanny said...

Great job!

Stefanie Blakely said...

Not sure if you've seen this tutorial, but it shows you how to make a cuff on the bottom-- I've been making them for Liam and they're SO easy!!

http://littlenannygoat.blogspot.com/2009/03/babylegs.html

basebell6 said...

I made the cuffs at the bottom! You can see them if you look close!