Sunday, December 15, 2013

Get Yeti to Run




I did a race on December 14th that a friend told me about at a local park.  It was a trail run 5K with 10 "camp style" obstacles along the way.  The race was put on by a YMCA in conjunction with a camp that is an off shoot of the Y.  The run was called Get Yeti to Run and a participant even did the whole thing in a head to toe Yeti costume!  Crazy!  Temps were about 22 degrees and there was about 3 inches of fresh fluffy snow on the ground.  It was a very small race [less than 30 people] and I said, "why didn't you guys advertise this more?"  They said it was their first year so they wanted to keep it small.  I raced it full out not realizing they they weren't even timing the thing or giving results at the end.  I ended up third overall, first female.  The obstacles were fun and got harder towards the end when you were tired.  We took a wrong turn and ended up going more than 5K.  The ending was an awesome tarp slide into poofy snow!

.
my fan club was freezing their buns off!
pretty day in the woods!

2nd to last obstacle.  I don't know if anyone made it succesfuly over that one!



13 year old smoked. me. I told him to sign up for cross country! :)

Slide to the finish!


No comments: