Sunday, December 15, 2013

Frosty Frolic



I heard about this race from a colleague.  It is run in the dark through a park with extensive Christmas lighting displays.  Hard to say  no to that!    I haven't run a 5K in 10 years so I figured it would be a guaranteed PR.  Until race day arrived.  There was a Winter Weather Advisory calling for 3-6 inches of snow, turning to rain towards evening.  I was definitely questioning whether it was even a good idea to venture out of my house!    It was a winter frolic indeed!  I ended up having fun, placing 14th female out of 613 for 2nd in my age group.   Pretty exciting!  The race was cut short due to icy roads and it was 2.7 miles instead of the full 5K.  My time was 20:31.   So I can calculate out what my 5K would have been or just call it a wash and try another one again sometime this spring. ;)


No comments: