Sunday, July 5, 2009

THEY MADE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


An email with no text, just this picture, appeared in my inbox timestamped 1:48 AM. They had made it! I recognized the landscape immediately that it was them at the top because I had seen photos before. He could've typed one sentence ("having fun and miss you" or something) but I'll take what I can get.


Fourth of July was awesome as always with a giant family reunion of everyone from my grandma's side. I love it because it is the only time of the year I see that side and they are all super cool and country-minded. My great uncle owns a GIANT dairy farm and his kids / grandkids all live either on it or a mile or so away. One cousin married an Amish guy who quickly turned 'English' but is super funny and a hoot to be around for a day.
I've seen 5 fireworks displays in 3 days and going to one more tonight. A little obsessed. Although two were easy to see and just involved me riding my bike across the street and up a hill in the dark.
Finally in other news, I made a separte pen for "gimpy" the chicken because he is annoying me everytime I try to move the pen but no others have died. I've been polinating pumpkins EVERYDAY and am getting super nervous as the patch tour looms in the near future.

No comments: