Thursday, June 28, 2012

Twas the Worst Day, Twas the Best Day: My 'Lil Sis

Last Thursday was the worst day.  My sister moved 9.5 hours away.  I know tons of families live far apart, so for many of you, that may not seem like a big deal.  However, if you've been reading this blog long, you know that pretty much my whole family AND my husband's whole family all live within a 10 mile radius of here.   So yeah, a distance that far is a big deal to us.

She moved away for a one-year optometry residency.  So yes, only for one year.  My biggest fear though is that she would marry her boyfriend and live there forever.  [He will only live there, he has said it before, and WILL NOT COMPROMISE; an obvious stress to their relationship].  Their original plan was to get married this summer, but as the date neared, she kept telling him "no engagement" so he had yet to get her a ring, etc.  They have been dating 4 years.

Enter best day.  My sister broke up with him last night.  Her first week living in his state.  Ha!

YIPPEE!

I know she still might end up living far away from here, I know they could get back together, but at least now I have a little more hope that someday she may come back.  I want to squeeze my [future] nieces and nephews every single day [or at least more often than a few times a year] and have her close by.   If she ends up living anywhere but Ohio, I supposed I'd get over it, but I would prefer it be in a mountainous state. ;)  LOL!

We miss her already and it is only week 1.

Blaine loves Linday but wants her the heck off his tractor ;)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I totally understand. Living away from your family can be tough! Hopefully, she'll finish and come back, sans the uncompromising ex. :)

Elizabeth said...

I understand. I have 4 siblings, and one by one, they have moved away. It's so hard. But a year goes super quickly, and hopefully she'll be back. I'm guessing the living out of state thing isn't the only thing you didn't like about this boyfriend?