Monday, June 11, 2012

Much to Celebrate!!

This weekend was a big one:

1)  MY SISTER IS NOW A DOCTOR!

That one will never ever ever ever EVER sink in!  I remember when we would "play school" and she didn't even know how to count.  I taught her the alphabet for crying out loud.  That should mean I'm entitled to some of her salary or something like that.  ;)     In all honesty though, I'm sooooooooooo proud of her; she was class president all 4 years so had to make a speech and I almost cried!  

2)  I TURNED 30, OMG OMG OMG.

That too will never ever sink in.  I feel 16.  I feel too young to have a kid.   I'm going to go on pretending I'm a teenager forever.   When we woke up Saturday I said, "Blaine, it is mom-mom's birthday," and he replied, "nooooooooo."  So there you have it, I'm still 29.

3)  We celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary!


Ok that is the only one I believe.  We've been together almost 11 years now so being married for 6 almost doesn't sound like enough.  ;)

8 comments:

Claire {Beaktweets} said...

Wow! You sure did have a busy weekend. Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary!

Anna & Kirby said...

What is a lot to celebrate! I have to agree though... without the teacher in the family, your sister might never be where she is today! ;) Happy birthday and anniversary too!

Casey @ The Baker Bee said...

I turned 30 a couple of weeks ago. I am totally embracing it, but I still feel 22. I think that's why I embrace 30... if you feel & look younger, then it's a huge compliment to be whatever age you are! Also... LOVE that wedding photo. Happy birthday & anniversary!

Kate said...

Congratulations on some pretty big milestones! I love the wedding picture too - what a great idea!

Kari said...

Congrats all around!! What great things to celebrate!!

momto8 said...

beautiful beautiful post. congrats to everyone of you!!!

Janelle said...

Congrats! I definitely agree that you should be getting a cut of her salary...hopefully you also taught her decent handwriting? :)

Nikki said...

Happy belated birthday!! (Being out of the country, I hadn't had a chance to check you blog.) I hope you had a great birthday. I know what you mean about not feeling like you're 30. It definitely hasn't sunk in for me yet either!