Monday, January 24, 2011

How Solids are Going




Somedays are better than others! But I'll tell you one thing; that kid is darn stubborn and is VERY good at sealing his mouth shut! Now that we have to give him a vitamin everyday (including fluoride since we have well water) it is VERY interesting because he REALLLLY pinches his mouth shut at incoming things. Keeps this thing called parenting a daily challenge!


Speaking of challenges, his night wakeups are approaching the out-of-control mark. Last night he woke up at 12 AM, 3 AM (thinking it was morning), 4 AM, 5 AM, and 6 AM (thinking it was morning). He was so tired by 7 AM that he slept from 7-11 in my bed with me. We were both exhausted!

5 comments:

Kara said...

My baby hated solids too until we introduced oatmeal. She looooves that, and now she eats anything mixed with oatmeal.

Tammy said...

Oh my goodness. He's so cute! Madelyn loves food. LoL We had a night like that the other night. I feel for ya!

Kari said...

Sorry solids are kind of a struggle. :( That was one of the reasons we decided to do baby led weaning. That way if LD wants to eat it he can eat it, if not I don't feel rejected by him pursing his little lips. :) I hope you're able to find the magic key to opening Blaine's mouth!! And I feel ya on the sleep thing. I think our boys are in cahoots about not sleeping through the night. LD was up until 11 last night and then woke at 2, 4, 6 and finally 8:30. I don't understand how these babies aren't as exhausted as us!!

Jill said...

I think the night waking is a "thing" for this age because we have definitely regressed on sleeping too. Maybe it has to do with teething? Baby Girl sure can clamp her mouth shut when she wants too!

Janelle said...

Solids can start slowly, not to worry! We used to just make the boys laugh and then sneak in a spoonful - if they didn't like it, they were quite adept at spitting it out...but at least it gave us them the chance to try it!
That sleep schedule is brutal...sorry!
BTW - fluoride can be scary stuff if they get too much...just an FYI. Hope that he starts to sleep - he is so darn cute!