Thursday, May 6, 2010

History in the Making

I can't believe I've had this blog since 2008 and I've never even once done a blog post about Darius Rucker. Honestly.

I think "Hootie," as I like call him, is one of the best singers on the planet. The day he went country was the best day of my life! Ok I might be exaggerating, but I've been a huge fan for YEARS and now that I listen to country (hated it growing up!), I was just waiting for the day that Darius would to do a country album. Hootie and the Blowfish were always borderline country as far as I was concerned. I'll keep on dreaming of the day they'll get back together, but in the meantime, I'm sure excited about listening to my favorite radio station and hearing Darius Rucker getting number 1 hits.

This song was my favorite on the album the day I bought it and first heard it. I sure hoped it would make it to the radio. It sure did! It makes me cry everytime. At the International Pumpkin Growers Seminar where they suprised me with the below photo-montage, I pretty much sat there bawling. 200 people probably thought I was a pregnant emotional wreck (which I'm not really, it was just the song!!).

(Apparently I can't embed the actual music video but you can watch it on youtube!! It is super cute).




No comments: