Wednesday, April 18, 2012

21 Months

Yes I still celebrate the 18th of every month! :)


I'm very sad that in a few short months I'll be back to work and not squeezing this kid all day everyday.  I've always cherished every single moment but am doing it even more so now.  There is nothing better than just leisurely waking up each morning with him by my side and snuggling in bed for as long as we both want.  

At 21 months, he's recently learned "up" and "uh-oh".   I try not to read blogs or babycenter and get worried about his speech; because honestly I'm NOT worried until I begin comparing. 

I still won't let him go with no diaper all day but he's to the point where I think he could.  He even pooped in a bucket [twice] last week when we were over at the barn and he had to go.   He will pee standing up outside but I have learned I must do the aiming for him or it will land on his pants. LOL. 

His gak gak obsession is still in full force despite my efforts to expand his horizons.  That's ok I suppose.

He HAD been healthy as a horse the last few months until green goop started leaking from his eyes; so that blessed us with a trip to the doctor [ie parental torture chamber].  The kid screams from the minute he enters the exam room and never lets up.  Hopefully we won't have to go there again until his 2 year well check.   All the screaming wore him out though; he is still asleep right now [10:45 AM] and he went to bed at 9 PM last night!!

Happy 21 months, Blaine, you deserve a HUG ATTACK!!

6 comments:

Diana @ frontyardfoodie said...

Aww! He's growing up so fast!

Avery's a couple months younger but no where near ready for undies. Argh. He fights the toilet...and the diaper. I just keep pluggin' along.

Elizabeth said...

I still celebrate the 22nd of every month too- although I am getting tired of taking the pictures with the onesie stickers- ha!

Such a BIG BOY- I am so impressed with his pottying skills- go Blaine!

Kari said...

Happy 21 months!! LD is a man of few words too. They'll catch up and we'll be wishing they'd take a break soon enough. ;-)

Janelle said...

Wow they are getting old...Wes turns 2 on Sunday!

Just in the past two weeks he has started to really mimic words and expand his vocabulary...but it has been a slow progression. I think Blaine is concentrating on other things, like how to convince you to let him drive the tractor.

Amanda said...

happy 21 months! He's getting so so big! Very impressed about the toilet training.

Melissa said...

So cute! And he's awesome at potty training!
I love a man of few words, it just means that they're content with life. No need to mess it up with a lot of words:)