Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Cross Country Ski's


I've wanted to try cross country skiing for quite awhile now. I needed a good winter exercise other than skating b/c the ice is so touch and go in Ohio. I normally only get to skate about 1 month the whole winter if I'm lucky.


However, I didn't know anyone with ski's to "borrow and try" and I didn't want to just go buy them in case I hated it. It was just pure luck that the guy who Nick has been shadowing at work for the past 2 years is moving to Arizona for retirement and wanted to get rid of his skis. EVEN BETTER; they were my size!! (I have massive feet haha).


I tried it out in the dark the first night; in the field behind my house. The next day I went to the towpath and went 2 miles. I was pretty sore. LOL. I need to watch a few instructional videos on youtube to get my technique under control. haha.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're absolutely right, I was thinking of you. Unfortunately, you're the only giant pumpkin person I know! :)

I love cross-country skiing! I haven't done it since I was a kid, but we used to do it all the time. It's very tiring, it's kind of like jogging in the snow. Good for you for trying it.