Tuesday, May 24, 2011

InfantSEE Week







Last week was InfantSEE Week here in Ohio (maybe everywhere?). So we called and Blaine had his first optometrist visit today! I didn't suspect anything was wrong, this was purely preventative care. I really wanted to take him to Ohio State where my sister is in her 3rd year of optometry school. She wanted to be in on the exam with her classmate, but Blaine still stinks at car rides and gas prices are ridiculous. So we went locally.

If you didn't know about this, I'm here to tell you: Children from age 6 months to 12 months can get a free eye exam regardless of your income! This is not just a week long thing, it is all the time. Check it out!

http://www.infantsee.org/

7 comments:

Amber said...

Thank you so much for posting this I have never heard of such a program. We are going to have to set Addison up for an appointment also now that I see there is a doctor in our area!

Janelle said...

Wish I had known about this a month ago! :) I've been thinking we need to get some little sunglasses for the boys...

Kari said...

Awesome!! Thanks for sharing!! I'll add that to my list of things to do. Hope it went well with Blaine!!

Suzi said...

I saw your blog post on InfantSEE's Facebook wall! We LOVE the program! When our now 2 year old was 11 months old, we took him for an InfantSEE appointment (in Louisiana). We didn't suspect any issues and were absolutely FLOORED when the doctor told us that our baby could barely see! He had bilateral congenital cataracts that were missed at every well-baby visit I had taken him to. Pediatricians do quick checks, but they can't compare to a comprehensive exam by an InfantSEE optometrist!

Thankfully we caught the issue & corrected it before his vision was permanently compromised. If it hadn't been for InfantSEE, we probably wouldn't have even thought to take him to the eye doctor!

Kudos to you for spreading the word!

basebell6 said...

wow, SWEET!! i just "liked" infantSEE on facebook and saw that! totally cool. :)

basebell6 said...

p.s. suzy, what a scary (!!!) story but sooooo glad to hear your son is OK now! :)

Elizabeth said...

This is great! Thanks for calling attention to infant vision issues!