Monday, February 15, 2010

Snow Snow, Never Leave!!




Regardless of what my great-aunt Imy / great-uncle Carl / great-aunt Cheryl / anyone else thinks, I feel cross country skiing is perhaps THE MOST PERFECT pregnancy exercise. I think as far as they (old fashioned thinkers) are concerned, pregnant women should be lying on the couch for 9 monthes. Not exactly the best way to stay fit and healthy. If doctors approve women to continue RUNNING as long as it is "comfortable," then seriously, how awesome is skiing?! Don't worry I don't do running in the winter regardless. TOO LAZY!
Cross country skiing is low impact, has a pretty low risk of falling (I don't really have a protruding abdoment yet anyways), and is not super duper strenuous. Just enough exercise to feel "hot" and there-for know you are getting a workout. I've skiied throughout the last two monthes and 4 of the last 5 days; I'm majorly dreading the day the snow melts.

4 comments:

Peggy said...

looks like fun! Oh to be in my 20s again! If you listen to all us old folks you will lock yourself in a closet until the baby gets here. And oh yeah, you must stay in bed for 9 days after you give birth, ha. I wish I'd had enough sense to not listen to all the stuff people told me back then. The internet is great to give us more information on how to be Moms but still you need to use your own common sense and do it the way you want to do it and ignor all those people.

basebell6 said...

LOL PEG!! I'll might have to pretend the "stay in bed 9 days after giving birth" is the truth to get nick to deal lots of things I would rather not at the beginning. LOL.

Lanny said...

Good for you. I always stayed very physical during pregnancy, when I wasn't hanging on to the toilet like the local drunk that is. I was often out running an old rototiller clear to the last days in each pregnancy. The only thing I couldn't do was horse back ride, Dirt had issues knowing how I loved to ride and push my horse and myself. So I hope you get to keep your snow for as long as you want it. Just remember, pumpkins don't do well in snow!

Eugen Caitaz said...

You know!!? In this year, skiing become my new friend!!!