Sunday, February 28, 2010

Germination Station

I caved. I got out my germination station today and started marigold seeds! With a heating pad keeping this thing at 85 degrees, this station is THE BEST! It started all my pumpkin seeds last year to a germination rate of 100 % (very important when some of the seeds I was starting go for $800 in auctions! Not that I even paid one penny for them, but that is besides the point. They are valuable and cannot be wasted by faulty methods!).



Greenhouse: most things stayed alive this winter.





I haven't really mentioned much about this on my blog, but Nick grew the largest tomato in the world last year! 7.18 lbs! This is cutting off of that plant, still alive and well! So technically in the plant world, it is a "clone". It'll be neat to see how it does next year.




I have to start some cuttings off of my geranium plant! It has been flowering all winter in the greenhouse.


3 comments:

Erika Jean said...

I hope you don't grow the worlds largest baby! lol. ;-) What kind of water are you guys using up there?!?!?!

Do you have a picture of that tomato?

basebell6 said...

LOL I don't think that'll be a problem!

They have a good pic of his tomato here: http://www.cantonrep.com/stark/jackson/x593070910/The-Great-Pumpkin-Jackson-teacher-has-a-world-record

Eugen Caitaz said...

Guy's you role!!!! It's so Awesome here! I want so much to see in one day, in real life, your biggest pumpkin and maybe other fruits or baby's! ;)