I'm starting to think blogging is bad for my health. It certainly makes my number one personality flaw surface: jealousy.
Normally I'm pretty darn happy with my life. Most days I love my house, where I live, my husband, my family, my son, etc. I'm super thankful for all the blessings I've been given.
Then there are "those days". You know, when nothing seems to be good enough and you just feel down in general. [Those days ALWAYS come to me in the wintertime. I have self diagnosed seasonal affective disorder, SAD]. You read some blogs and it sure seems the most people have a better / happier life than you do.
Odds are I have been jealous of your life via your blog if:
- you live on a farm
- you have bought a farm
- you live in Alaska
- you live in Montana
- you live in the country
- your child can say a mile-long-list of words
- your child can write letters at 20 months old
- your child can speak sentences and count at 18 months old
- your life always seems so happy
- you are awesome and happy with being a stay at home mom
- you are awesome and good at juggling being a working mom
- you've done something super adventurous with your life such as moving cross country
- and if you bought a farm when you arrived cross country you get bonus points
- you've quit your job
- your husband does housework
- your husband is romantic
- you've announced a pregnancy recently and this is child #2 for you
- you live in a house bigger than me
- your child sleeps through the night
There you have it! I'm obviously a jealous person. I read these things and then turn around and look at my life and cringe. It is a major personality flaw and something I need to pray about and work on. I'll start by counting my blessings and hugging Blaine. That always makes things better!