Tuesday, January 4, 2011

I'm a Big Boy**

**or so I think, my mom is actually just surrendering to my horrendous nap issues. but hey I'm cute! :)

Blaine sleeps fine in his crip at night, will even fall asleep unassisted, so I have no problem letting him sleep in a big bed during the day. The problem is he is getting way more mobile and I don't want to have to remain perched right outside the bedroom watching him / waiting for him to wake up. Once he wakes up he's a rolling fool.

So we dropped his bed to the floor, put up the matress rails, and wall-ah, big boy bed for a 5 month old! I also think this will be way better because when the transition does come, it won't be an issue at all! I have a friend who recently moved her 2 1/2 year old from crib to big bed and it is becoming an issue because he thinks bed = party, not sleep.

In other news, I decided January 10th will be the day we start solids. Here he is playing with his new spoon (Christmas gift from his girlfriend!). Think he'll know what to do? LOL. The kid was born to eat!

4 comments:

Claire {Beaktweets} said...

babies are so funny- why not like the same thing for day and night? meredith seems to nap better on our bed. glad you found something that works. whatever it takes, right?

Abby said...

Yes, you're right! We do have "brothas from different mothas"! Lol. :)

Kat said...

I like the idea of a bed on the floor instead of a crib altogether - I think that's what we're going to do once we move past bassinet-stage.

(Did you know I'm having a baby, too?! Yay babies!)

Shannon said...

Great idea! I'm glad its working. Nap time is tough...and its so strange because he's such a good sleeper at night and i know he is tried when nap time comes.