Monday, March 8, 2010

Weekend Activities around the Farm..




This weekend was really productive. Our family butchered a cow on Saturday and then on Sunday, Nick / me / my dad pruned all the fruit trees. MY DAD?! Yep, probabably for the first time in his life my dad got out the clippers and pruned apple trees, pear trees, and well left us to do the cherry. See my grandma just had cataract surgery and my grandpa is getting a pacemaker put in this week. They had to take it easy this weekend. It is going to get weirder and weirder (and sad) to see them age. I always saw them as such 'young' grandparents (50 years older than me) but as they close in on their 80's, things are definitely changing.
In other news, I'm not sure spring is as close as we think it is: there are still 9 blankets on our bed!!


6 comments:

Erika Jean said...

9 blankets?! I think its about time you trade them in for one big warm one ;-)

basebell6 said...

LOL. Our bedroom has been known to dip into the 40's quite often so that's why we overkill on blankets. haha. Good thing we are both cold blooded and agree on the blanket issue!!

Lanny said...

It is great that you have a whole family to pitch in and help your grandparents take it a bit easier. Family is a good thing.

We had such typical spring weather today, my jacket went off and on all day, for a good part we had beautiful bright skies but then just as we finished up potting fuchsias it began to hail and then as we hopped in the truck to go to the feed store it began to snow.

George said...

Nine blankets, eh? Peg had some kind of electric pad I think that would warm from below - that felt really good...back in the days when we kept the house cool at night. With a baby in the house, we keep it quite warm now. Can't wait to see your little one!!!! You?

Eugen Caitaz said...

It's your Farm!??? Or of you grandparents??? It's Awesome that there you have, like at us, snow!!! Dear, please look on my last post! ;)

Down On The Farm said...

And I thought we had bad weather. . . you still have snow :)!! Things are just BARELY beginning to turn green around here in MO. Just a hint of green in the fields, but I know spring is coming! Hope all is well! And yes, enjoy your grandparents. My grandpas are gone, and my grandmas are failing. Enjoy every moment.