Tuesday, February 24, 2009

It was OUR turn

As much as a blessing a robbery can be, I'm almost thankful that my mom got robbed last week because it gave me a chance to hide things that I wouldn't want stolen (example: my wedding ring).

Yep it was our turn.

I got home from school at 3 pm and notice BIG shoe prints in the snow from my drive to my deck. Yikes. I knew they weren't Nick's because his feet are smaller than mine. I go to unlock the door and TRIPLE YIKES it was unlocked. I knew for sure for sure I locked it in the morning. Yep, strewn across my kitchen floor were a few things from my BEDROOM (!!) and all the cupboards were open. Those suckers didn't get my wedding ring, class ring, jewlry box though because those were hidden. Yay. But they did get the safe in the closet with some letters and old pictures ( I told Nick to hide it and he didn't; he's really kicking himself now). Laptop is gone and that is what I'm missing the most about now. DVD player is gone. I'm freaking out about my spare car key being gone so I switched vehicles with my mom until Nick returns on Friday so sort this all out. Super frustrating and scary to be going through this without him here.

I guess what angers me the most is the cops haven't got these guys yet. I think they are up to about 45 robberies in the area. The police said they are hitting the more rural places because they have a less chance of being seen.

DIDN'T I GO OVER THIS BEFORE?! I DON'T LIVE IN THE COUNTRY. THERE ARE 3 WALMARTS WITHIN 10 MILES OF HERE!!

Guess the police think this is the country. Yay.

I blame the robberies on the recession. I think it will be getting worse before it gets better.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OOOOOOOOOH! That is freaky and scary and that sucks!


Umm, I am like a month behind on your life, but I am catching up. That is awful. Sorry, you shouldn't have to had to have a "turn!sopycles"