Ok maybe 10 reasons. But I'm sure there are a thousand. ;) Totally stole this from a blog I follow but felt it was timely.
We just bought a new house. With a 3rd bedroom and 2nd and 3rd bathroom. Naturally questions would arise about if another baby was on its way.
Here's the deal. We weren't really looking to move at this exact time. The house in NO WAY affects our decision to space our children out FIVE YEARS or MORE.
1) I just went back to work 3 months ago after 2 years off. I owe it to my school and my students to be there awhile longer before taking a 2 year vacation again.
2) Blaine still doesn't sleep through the night.
3) Competitiveness runs wild in my family. If my sister and I went to high school together, we would have been insanely jealous of each other / competitive to the point of death. I AM SO GLAD WE NEVER ATTENDED THE SAME SCHOOL AT THE SAME TIME. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GLAD. To grant my kids this same privilege, a 4 year spacing or more is necessary.
4) Blaine exhausts me to no end. I would die if I had a newborn to deal with.
5) If Blaine is in kindergarten when the new baby is born, I will be at home with the new baby for 2 years. Not as overwhelming. Like having an only child until 3:30 pm.
6) I never want two kids in college at the same time. College costs are the reason husband nixed the idea of having 3 kids.
7) I'm still breastfeeding. Boobs want a few years of recovery! 'Nuff said.
8) Blaine's crazy amount of crying / screaming / terrible 2's is about enough to drive me batty. He almost made himself vomit 4 times in a 20 minute car ride to put this in perspective 'Nuff said. No other challenges needed at this time.
9) I love how it is just Blaine, me, and Nick. Love it.
10) Blaine is such a bed hog, we certainly can't fit 2 little ones in Mom-Mom's bed at once. ;)
With above items being said, of course I must say I get insanely jealous every time I see / hear a pregnancy announcement. Must just be hormones. I do worry it will take longer to get pregnant the 2nd time around and wonder if we should start trying sooner to make up for it. Not worried enough though! LOL! :)