Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Family Traditions: Summer Birthday Parties

I have soooooooooooo many happy memories of summer birthday parties as a kid.   My birthday was in June and my sister's in July so I have thousands of memories of swimming, fishing, jetskiing, paddleboating at my grandmas, and always consuming chocolate cat cake.

I love to watch the summer birthday party tradition come alive once again with a new generation.  All the cousins have birthays in boring months [winter and early spring blech], so seeing them on Sunday at Blaine's party having a blast on the slip-and-slide, tractor rides, paddleboat, kiddie pools, frog playing, etc, just warmed my heart and opened the gate of special memories.   Almost as if I planned for my child to have a summer birth just for the parties. :)

The frog was the biggest hit at the party! Giggles were contagious!

3 comments:

Cheyenne said...

My birthday is in January, I was always jealous of those summer parties, while we were getting our snowpants on to go make snowmen!

Blaine is looking so grown up!

And, CAT CAKE? Um....whaaaaat?

Liz @ A Nut in a Nutshell said...

Those happy faces just warm my heart!

Diana @ frontyardfoodie said...

Aww!! I'm SO excited for Avery's birthday party. This year he's actually going to know what's going on!

I have so much I want to do!

Blaine looks like he's LOVING hanging with his cousins. hehe