Tuesday, July 31, 2012

2 More Weeks


Two weeks from today, I go to work for the first time since June 2010.   I hate feeling like Blaine's life will be turned upside down, but I can't help but think that.  He has been with Mommy all day everyday for just about his whole life [I've been away from him a few times, who are we kidding, but basically being with me on a daily basis is all he knows].   I'm sure he will adapt fine but it doesn't help the mommy guilt thing, and I can't ignore the fact I WANT to continue to be with him all day everday. 

So yeah, I'm nervous for us both. :)

In other news, the whole topic of "early to bed, early to rise" is getting better. He's in bed by 9 pm and up by 7:15 am everyday now.  That is AWESOME considering for the last two years we've been getting up between 9 and 11 am.  Still have a ways to go [I think we will both need to get up at 6 am to get ready and to the sitters by 6:40] but I'm feeling less anxious about the early wakeups now. 

He helped me take my boxes to school today that I've had in my basement all this time.  Made everything more real!

4 comments:

Kristin {Sea Cow Circus} said...

It sounds like you're doing everything you can to make the transition as easy as possible for both of you. I can relate to the feelings of the mommy guilt and wanting to be with Elle ... although there are some days where it's nice to be apart, for both of us. I try to focus on the interaction she gets with other kids/adults when she's not with us and the fact that we're working hard to provide for her. I think most days I definitely have a much harder time with the situation than she does. Good luck, and blog it out or e-mail me if you ever need to vent/talk!

Kate said...

It just doesn't seem like this time can already be here... I thought the same thing when my boys turned two. You're doing all you can to make it easier - it will be fine!

Peggy said...

It will always be hard and there will be days he cries when you leave him. He will be ok though. It is going to be much harder on you than him. He will have other kids to play with and he is going to learn a lot of new things. It is going to be good for him. But leaving him will be the hardest thing you have ever done. Once you become a Mom the guilt never ends.

Nikki said...

I know how you feel about the mom guilt thing. I went back to work when Evie was 15 weeks old, but having summers and holidays with her, I feel guilty every time school starts again. I worry if her daycare is right for her, etc. I just feel like no matter what situation she's in, it won't be as good as if I were the one taking care of her. (Of course, I'm right about this too...lol!)

Hopefully when you are back in your classroom, your students will help make it feel worthwhile. That helps me a lot. I'm not with Evie, but I'm making a difference somewhere else.

Good luck on getting back in the swing of things! I'm sure your students will be happy to have you back!!