Thursday, May 10, 2012

Baby Swans, Baby Chicks, and Crocodile Dundee

Wow this is my first post since blogger went and changed itself. Can't say I'm a fan; but I hate change in general. It is saying I may have problems if I don't use Google Chrome. YEP, having problems. GAH.


100 baby chicks arrived for us at our local post office Monday. I CANNOT TELL YOU HOW FUN IT IS TO PICK THEM UP!!! Blaine was all about the chicks this year, shrieking with excitement when seeing them even now, 4 days later.


9 swan babies hatched across the street this year! MOST EVER!! It was such a suprise because I never even saw mama swan sitting on her nest. Just boom they were there one day.


While taking swan pics, my husband turned into crocodile dundee and just yanked a giant snapping turtle out of the pond. SO HILARIOUS. My child is definitely going to grow up nedneck; he has no chance.

So that is what has been happening around here! Lots of the garden is planted, lots more is not. Giant pumpkins go in the ground tonight! YAY!









6 comments:

Kat said...

That is one big turtle, yikes! We're taking a year off from chix, but I'm looking forward already to getting some next spring.

Cheyenne said...

egads! last photo is CA-RAZY! :) Blaine, Blaine, Blaine...I've said to before...and I'll say it again, SO stinkin cute! Glad you capture these moments...Spring is exciting, even for the littles!

Diana @ frontyardfoodie said...

That is like the biggest snapping turtle I have ever seen.....and I grew up in the country where big snapping turtles were normal. HOLY COW.

Well if you want the swans to survive you gotta keep the snappers out!

Claire {Beaktweets} said...

oh, those boxes of fluffy chicks! so cute. blaine looked so interested :)

Kate said...

Oh my gosh - can I come over and see your pumpkins, chicks and cute kid? My seedlings are only about an inch tall!

Elizabeth said...

What amazing memories you are creating for your son!