Friday, June 22, 2012

Farm Photo Friday


Whenever I find myself wishing I lived somewhere different [hello mountains], I realize that moving would take away thousands of moments like this away from my child.  He can now say "mama" and "papa" [what I've called my grandma and grandpa since childhood] and hanging out with them is his favorite daily activity.  Watching them interact just about makes my heart explode with happiness.  Not too many kids see their grandparents AND great grandparents every single day;  Blaine is one lucky kid.   I'm pretty lucky too. :)

5 comments:

Diana @ frontyardfoodie said...

SO precious. I've thought about what it would be like to move away but I'm waaaaay too attached to my family!

Kari said...

Awesome picture!! That's great that he has so much family nearby, it's truly priceless!!

Elizabeth said...

I feel the same way about living pretty close to my parents- it's priceless!

diana said...

I have my issues now and then with my in laws, particularly when I was a brand new, overprotective mom doing things my way. But I really love that Logan is going to grow up spending his weekends at their farm and really getting to spend a lot of time with them. They are really wonderful, good people and that really helps me get over my issues and soak in all of the good about living close to them and spending our weekends there.

George said...

From a grandpa's perspective, I can tell you that the "heart melting" you feel applies to both ends of that equation :)