Friday, July 3, 2009

48 hours and counting

Before I sound like a complete weeny, I need to explain that I am pretty independent. Nick goes out of town on business ALL THE TIME (often for the whole week), leaving me at home alone. In fact, this year he was out of the state when we got robbed (and I slept in the house that night), for my birthday, and for our anniversary. I'm not really sure why he got chickens because they live 9 weeks give or take and he's been gone for 5 of them.

HOWEVER, this is the first time in 8 years I have gone 48 hours plus without talking to him. Normally he calls at least once per day when gone and it has been over 2 days now with no communication what-so-ever. Am I a worry-wart? Not really. But it would be nice to be able to hear if he was alive or not. I guess no news is good news in this case! I'd rather wait a few more days than have a hospital call me. I am just praying the weather is good and everything is going well.


PS a chicken died today (the only one so far)

No comments: